Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Internet Has Many Abandoned Alleyways. This Is Not One of Them

Realizing that it's been several weeks since my last post, I wanted to check in and make sure everybody knew that I hadn't forgotten about you, we've just been very busy trying to finalize all the arrangements that need to be made. I've been holding off on revealing too much because there have been bits and pieces that were in flux and I realized it might be a tad frustrating to see things mentioned which were later not done--if you keep up with the video game industry at all, we'll call this the Molyneux Fable Effect.

Thus, as much as I hate to disappoint, I will not be revealing my hand today in the hopes that I can make a full and dazzling report about two weeks hence when I hope to have the final status report of this Interregnum period.

2 comments:

Zarf said...

While I don't argue with your underlying premise (the so-called "the Molyneux Fable Effect"), it would still be helpful and appreciated if you could post something (anything), no matter how short, on a weekly basis....

Fred said...

Sean wrote: "I will not be revealing my hand today in the hopes that I can make a full and dazzling report about two weeks hence when I hope to have the final status report of this Interregnum period."

Sean, thanks for continuing to post. Here's what would make me happy to see in that two-weeks-from-now post:

• A schedule of all of the *shipping* dates (give or take) of the next half-dozen volumes, starting with #7 ("Beyond the Horizon," iirc). This schedule would update your post of July 25. The *shipping* dates would give the subscribers a fair idea of when to start looking for a volume in the mail, and would reduce some uncertainty. ("Did they ship volume X - I didn't receive it?")

• Another schedule of the intended publication order of all of the remaining volumes. This may have been given out to early subscribers, but as a recent subscriber I haven't seen anything....

• Contact information for questions and comments. One month ago I emailed the address given on the MM web site with a question about the spine art on volume 6. I haven't received a reply. I suspect that I sent the email to an account that isn't being monitored.

• Some idea of the structure and principals of the new business entity that will be publishing the remaining volumes.

The above information would be very helpful indeed.